Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 x-member questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by metto, Jun 21, 2005.

1. metto

metto Registered Member

i just finished my 203 to 205 swap, and i have heard a lot about running an extra crossmember on the 205 to take the stress off of the rear of the tranny. this is behind a th350 btw. am i okay just running one stock crossmember for a while till i can put the body lift back on and raise the drivetrain more? this will not be wheeled for a while cause i still dont have a front driveshaft.

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

All three of my Blazers have had two crossmembers. However, only one of them is actually carrying any weight. The forward crossmember has the adapter that goes between the tranny end and the front of the TC. The rear crossmember usually doesn't touch the TC and only serves to provide a place to fasten a skidplate between the crossmembers, or reinforce the spread between the frame. There is however a side mount for the TC that some rigs come with that gives extra support to a 203 or a 205. It has been discussed here extensively and most recently in a thread called "How many have a transfer case brace?" ( http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139806 ) If you have a doubler setup, then both crossmembers can attach to the two adapters, one between the tranny and NP203 rangebox and one on the ORD adapter between the NP203 rangebox and the NP205.

3. metto

metto Registered Member

so it is okay to just run one under the TC to tranny adapter? will that support the weight?

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I would assume so since that is the way they came from Chevy. Check the other thread I mentioned and see if you had a side mount on your TC though.