Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 yoke swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Jun 1, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I'm putting a Dana 60 rear in my K5 soon, and since I have to get a new rear driveshaft anyway, I was thinking of putting a 1650 u-joint yoke on the transfer case. What one do I need? Where can I get one? How hard is it to change? thanks</font color=blue>

2. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I swapped in a 205 a couple of weeks ago and put on a 1350 yoke for the 14 bolt going in soon. I had to find the snap-on guy and get a socket from him that fit the nut on the output shaft. Sears didn't have it in 1/2 drive and 3/4 drive socket walls were too thick to fit. Other than that it was a piece of cake. I called dennys driveshaft http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com and they sent me a 1350 yoke for the 205. It was about $65.00 or so. They have a list on their web site of all the yokes and sizes available.

BIGJ