Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Steve, or whoever has answer,
    I am getting ready to try and get doubler goin', but I need 205 still. I have a chance to get one local for 200 in good shape, but I need to know it is exaclty what I need. I already have a TH400 with 203 behind her, just need to know what version of 205 I need. I know I need one (at least for no conversion kits) that was married to a TH400, but I have now heard about a eight bolt pattern vs. six or something. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Any 205 will work. Just make sure that when you get it, and order your doubler kit, you let stephen know what style 205 you have.

That's what I understand about the doubler kit.

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

3. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Or...if you're making your double, just make it to match the NP205 that you find. My pick would not be an older one from behind a manual trans with a male 10-spline input gear. Or one from a divorce mount (like some Dodges and Fords). The female input gear (GM 27 or 32 or Ford 31) would work better to keep your doubler shorter.

--Rob

4. TheGeneral

I talked to stehpen once on this, and he had mentioned trying ot get one from a TH400 marriage, and with I think a short shaft, 27 or 30 spline (as this would save me the cost of a conversion) I could totally be off base here, but I think I remember him tellin' me that. Thanks for info. THis site is great!

The General

5. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

What you remember from talking to stephen is correct however the TH400 version of the 205 are few and far between from my searches.

You might be better off waiting till they come out witht eh TH350 Doubler version in july or later this year.

Otherwise if you can't find a TH400 version it may be worht the extra money to convert. Hunting parts down can be a real hassel and especially when you KNOW there's a conversion kit for a fair price.

FYI

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

6. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

I bought a fresh used Ford 31-spline NP205 input gear for my NP203/NP205 conversion for $50US. Not sure if you'd need to machine a Chevy case for that input gear, tho. AFAIK, 30 splines weren't used on any Chevy transmission or T-case combo. Seen 10, 27, 32. TH400, L80E and later manuals were 32. TH350, TH700R4 were/are 27, old manuals were 10. Just get the NP203 output shaft to match the input gear that you choose.

--Rob

7. DaveDave

DaveDave 1/2 ton status

ORD web site http-www.offroaddesign.com.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

For the lazy person: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://offroaddesign.com>http://offroaddesign.com</A>

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

9. TheGeneral

thanks for all info, eventually I will stop wastin everyone's time with simple stuff. Thanks again.

The General