Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205?????????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by biggtim, Oct 10, 2000.

1. biggtim

biggtim Newbie

i just wanna know what it will take to put a 205 transfer case and dana 44 front end on my 79 blazer it already has a 203 full time and a 10 bolt what should i do??????/

2. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

The easiest thing to do is get a t-case and adapter form a donor truck along with the crossmember and driveshafts.asfar as the 44 the 10bolt and 44 are about the same in strength so your not gainning anything.Both came in 3/4tons and 1/2tons.If you really want the 44 find a hole truck for parts with everything you need.Then swap it all.Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    You could always consider converting your 203 to part time. Mile Marker makes a great kit. I am planning on doing that with my truck. From what I hear it works great. The kit is only about 40 bucks, but you have to add lock out hubs to the front otherwise it is pointless. There is a great article about how to do it at www.off-road.com. It will take some searching, but trust me it is on there.

Sparky

p.s. The 205 is considered by many to be the strongest case, but I have read alot of stuff that says the 203 is evey bit as strong if you take care of it right. Read the article it should help.

78 K-5

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

5. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

I made the conversion to the 205 and couldnt have been happier. My problem with the part timed 203 was you have to maintain it properly or you'll have problems. the 205, you just go and go and go.