Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205t-case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5blazerus, Nov 5, 2001.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

IS any one out there running a divorced 205 T-case. If so what angle did you mount it at and what problems do I expect to run in to.
    colin

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If I understand the divorced t-case idea, I would say the short wheelbase of a K5 would cause major Drive shaft(rear) problems with the angles and the length. It would cause the t-case to sit way back needing a very short driveshaft causing a severe angle.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html>http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html</a>

3. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

on the other hand you could mount the case lower than the trans and lessen the angels of both the front and the rear shafts......
    Mike

The jeep eater ......jeep it's what's for dinner[​IMG]

4. he's running it with an sm435 out of a 69 gmc. the total combo shouldn't be much longer than his old th350/205 combo. depends on how short of an intermediat shaft he can run.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

5. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

All I know is it is going to work just fine and drivelines will not have any extream angles on them eaither. The whole combo will be just about 1 inch shorter then the 350/205 combo. Dosen't white Knight run a divorced unit may be I should ask him.

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.