Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208/205 doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by PetaKane, Apr 16, 2003.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Is there any way for this to work? I've got a 32 spline 208 case and a 32 spline 205 so I'm just looking for any possible way to do a doubler with the 208/205.

2. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

In a longbed truck (like mine) or a sub there is wheelbase enough to do this

[​IMG]

It do not show well in this picture but there is a divorced 205 and the 208 is clocked upside down.

There is a way to only use the reduction of the 208. A guy here in Finland can make it but I do not know exactly how it is done.
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I would like a 208/208, doubt that would or will happen. Especially sicne I have a 208 sitting around.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Got a question. Does the 208 have oiling problems. I know they are only equipped with slinger, but I am not sure how that will oil when clocked some or totally upside down. Also how did you go about getting a shifter to work with the case upside down? Thanks

Harley

5. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

To tell you the truth I have not driven the truck much. And I do not intend to do any highway, only trails and such, only maybe 200 miles with the case upside down for now. The case takes a lot more oil now when it is allmost flat, the filler hole (used to be drainhole) is very high.

The shifter caused some headace but finally I came up with a solution. I used a parkingbrake handle (the stick you pull the brakes on, you know what I mean) it is sideways in front of the drivers seat. Only way I could get the linkage to work.

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

working on it . tho im going to use a ford 208 and a whacked <no front output> 208 .

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

At some point here you build a backyard Klune unit......
    Pretty much anything using the 208 is going to be an orphan here, I have a hard time justifying spending $700+ on a 208 when they may or may not hold up. They don't automatically explode when you hit the dirt, they're just not a great place to throw money. For a backyard guy, it wouldn't be too hard to do something like the divorced unit shown, or even mate the 208 32 spline output shaft into the 205 input gear. It gets really long but sometimes that's not so bad.