Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208-241 t-case swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by polarisracer15, Oct 23, 2005.

1. polarisracer15

polarisracer15 Newbie

I have a 1984 chev pickup that has no eng. trans or t-case. I was thinking about swapping the drivetrain out of a 1995 chev pickup. (350 tbi 4L60e trans 241 tc) the only problem I have is the t-case from the 95 pickup is a 241 and has the front drive shaft coming of the drivers side instead of the passenger side. would it work if a rotate the 241, so the front driveshaft is on the passenger side. i need this t-case to keep the vss input for the trans control. any help would be nice

2. polarisracer15

polarisracer15 Newbie

I forgot, the truck had a 350 700r4 and a 208 tc at one time, but that stuff is long gone

3. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

you need the t-case from a 90-91 blazer/suburban, it is a 241 w/pass drop and VSS

or swap to a front axle with a drivers side diff(not gm, will be ford or dodge)

4. polarisracer15

polarisracer15 Newbie

Thats what i was thinking. but a trans tech at the local gmc dealer said it was possible to rotate it, because it bolts up the same either way. i would just have to move the shift linkage 180. just thought it would get some more opinon's.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

figure out a way of doing this and you will make every guy that has ever even though about doing a SFA on a 88-06 Chevrolet very happy.

6. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

you would need to relocate the pump pick-up inside the case, since fliping it will move the pick-up above the fluid level, might want to open the case and see

7. gauder

gauder Banned

I was told while doing some research that you couldn't rotate it. Something to do with the oiling system and that when you rotate it, you would be starving some important areas of oil.

8. polarisracer15

polarisracer15 Newbie

i pulled the case halfs on the 241 and the oil pump pickup would be upside down doesn't look like there would be much of a way to modify it. So i guess i'm going to have to find one out of a early 90's surburan like dave 90 blazer was saying, unless any one has a better idea.