Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 4wd dash light wiring.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ColAdo82K5, Jun 21, 2004.

1. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I just had the tranny/tranfer case out and realized that the wiring for the 4wd light wasn't hooked up. I fiqure I might as well hook it up while i'm under there, but the plug and wiring that comes out of the shifter area in the floor is too short to reach the sensor on the transfer case. And the plugs look as if they won't plug into each other.
    SO, is there an extention piece of wiring that is supposed to go between these two connectors or did some how my wiring end up short and I should just cut and splice in some more length to the harness line ?
    Thanks,
    Blake

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do you have a 3" body lift? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

No body lift at all, the body side connection is still only hanging at the adaptor, doesn't even reach the case.
    The previous owners had a field day with some of the wiring, so who knows why it got pulled back into the cab some how.
    I guess i'll just lenthen it if i really want to hook up the light.
    Blake