Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 FIXED YOKE KIT OR CONVERSION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by superbee, Mar 12, 2001.

1. superbee

superbee Registered Member

I GOT A 88 K5 350,700R4,208 W/SLIP YOKE AND I WANT TO ELIMINATE THE SLIP YOKE AND SET UP W/A FIXED YOKE INSTEAD. THE REASON I AM DOING THIS IS MY 78 K5 HAS BEEN WELL HASHED ON AND I WANT TO SWAP OUT MY AXLES AND SUSPENSION AND CUSTOM MADE DOUBLE CARDONED DRIVESHAFTS FROM THE 78 AND UNDER MY 88.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO, AND IF PIECES FROM A FORD 208 W/FIXED YOKE CAN BE SWAPPED TO A CHEVY 208. I NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS BEFORE I CAN SWAP THE OTHER STUFF IN. ANYBODY WITH ANY IDEAS PLEASE E-MAIL ME....MARKRODIER@AOL.COM

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

You could swap in a NV241, they can be modified with a slip yoke eliminator kit, but not the 208. The 241 should bolt right up, and see jb conversions for the slip yoke eliminator.

3. superbee

YEA BUT IS THE OUTPUT SHAFT SPLINE COUNT AND SIZE OF THE 700R4 THE SAME AS THE 241 INPUT SHAFT. I WORK A DODGE DEALOR AND I DONT THINK THEY ARE THE SAME. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE 700R4 THOUGH.

4. superbee

HERE IS ANOTHER QUESTION.. WILL MY 203 OUT OF MY 78 FIT BEHIND THE 700R4???

5. iceman

iceman 1/2 ton status

If your 203 was behind a 350 turbo, you need to swap out the output shaft of your 700r4 with one that ORD sells. That's the first step to the doubler process. Iceman

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

In 88 you could have either a 208 or a 241 from the factory. My guess is that the switch occoured sometime in the middle of production. The 241 should be a direct bolt in. You can also change the output shaft on the TH700 and get a 205 although I am not sure what else needs to be done.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>