Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 flange chage for my new woody dline

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xtrmjoe, Jul 19, 2006.

1. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

Well after researching a front driveline for some time after clocking the tcase flat and trying to get a flat belly skid I found a solution. The folks at Tom Woods had a flange for the front of the 208 to fit a 1350. So I ordered a front driveline from them with there 1350 super flex joint at both ends and will allow up to 40 degrees which was more angle for way less money than the alternatives, and way less moving parts than a cv.
    My real question is that they sent a seal with the flange, does that mean I need to drain the tcase to change it? My np208 rebuild video does not talk about this.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think the seal goes on the inside of the flange. It keeps oil from leaking past the splines. If you pull yours apart you should see where it goes. BTW, what did the flange and shaft run you?

3. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

My question is when I take it off am I going to get covered in fluid? Do I need to drain the tcase first?
    The flange was like 70 and the shaft with the superflex joints at each end and a trail spare was about 400. I got the 1350 yoke for the front 10b from jesse at HAD for 50ish I think. I am running a fully clocked 208 and soon to be flat belly skid and the 52" up front so there is a lot of flex up there with pretty bad andgles and this was the only solution I could come up with with out getting a hi pinion 60, lowering the tcase or less clocking, or getting a 1410 cv for like 800+. I still may need a limiting strap on that side.

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

A little will leak out but not that bad.