Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 in trouble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Jun 18, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My 208 t case is in big trouble. I've had a bad vibration coming from under my truck. I rebuilt my 700r4 and bought a REBUILT t case from the paper. Anyway I've replaced both u joints the rear pinion yoke and now the vibration is worse. I went to shake the driveshaft to check for play and I burnt my hand! The tail shaft on the tcase and the slip joint were too hot to touch. I thought it was the catalytic convertor causing it but the heat shield wasnt as hot as the slip joint and t case. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts. The drive shaft is in balance.

2. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

The NP. 208 runs ATF fluid NOT 80/90w. I`d bet the farm that you are running the wronge oil. The 208 has a chain oiler in it that keeps most all of the internals wet and cool. If you did run 90w. change it. Run the truck for a FEW miles, than change it again. Keep changeing it till you feel safe. Above all do not run the truck till you get this figured out.