Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 Leak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Mar 16, 2006.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well yes i have searched and read about this stuff for a while but i still cant really find the answer. My 208 leaks from the driveshaft.. already know how to fix that, but it also leaks from the 2halfs of the tcase. I am very new to any of this stuff, as in where gaskets and seals are in things like this. I am doing an engine/tranny swap and i wanna fix my leaky 208 while im at it. What can i do to fix this leak? i already tried a lil jb weld.. it didnt work for long now its leaking again. Is there a seal i can replace? Anyone have steps on how to do this? Thanks Mike
    [​IMG]

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

between the 2 case halfs is just silicone, no gasket. you can easily tear it down and put some fresh silcone on that surface.

take the tcase out, take the slip yoke part off, take the back half of the case off. there is a spring and a washer that might fall, but thats it.

3. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

my 241 leaked in the same spot. drain it, clean the surface real good, and put some good RTV on the seam. let it dry then refill. it didnt leak again in the two years before i tore it down. if that dont work, then tear it apart and put some rtv between the case halfs.