Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 maybe?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Aug 26, 2005.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Gonna try to rebuild the 208 this Sunday but if that all falls through does anyone locally have one that is sound that can loan/let us pay for later that'll mate up to a 465?

From what I understand the key factor is 32 spline?

Thanks in advance.

Just sucks havin to work on your work truck on your day off to get it sound for the next day don't it?

2. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

yep its a 32 spline case. i have been out of the loop latey whats up with the case? when i got it guy said it was rebuilt :confused:

3. justhorsinaround

Well if rebuilding it doesn't include the tailshaft bushing and the shifter fork pads but does include slathering a bunch of silicone on the OUTSIDE of the case where the tailshaft mates to the main body, then yes it's freshly rebuilt.

What's happening is it's poppin out of gear which is really annoying on the freeway.

I just got a 27? spline 208 today but of course it's the wrong count. If someone wants to trade that'd be grand.

Anywho, that's about it for now.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I wondered why ya didn't call me yesterday after I slept late . Changing the input spline shaft could work . Couple hours .

Can you return the 27 spline if it looks the same on the inside ?

5. justhorsinaround

What I'd like to do is to make a correct one as fresh as possible before I pull the old one out.

I can't afford to risk any down time on this truck anymore as we have a real big flooring job that I have to be able to get to.

As it is, I seem to be able to drive on surface streets without much trouble so it'll just take me longer to get to where I need to get to if that makes any sense at all.

Thanks in advance.

6. justhorsinaround

Anybody find one they'd forgot about?