Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 or 700 leaking?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Apr 1, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Back a month ago, I was off road and spent some time sitting on a ledge on the frame rails. I believe I may have also been sitting on the tcase (208) as well as I have no skid plates and considering it hangs below the rails.

Since then, I have noticed fluid dripping from the bottom of the tcase. I spent some time driving the rig and towing with it this weekend and it is really spitting out tranny fluid. When I got home, I noticed the bottom of the tranny pan, the shield around the torque converter, and the front driveshaft were pretty soaked as well as the tcase.

If I sat on the tcase and "tweaked" the seal between there and the tranny, could it explain so much leakage? Or do I need to drop the pan and replace the tranny pan gasket? Would there be any symptoms (other than the fluid) like sounds or shifting differences if the torque converter was leaking?

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

try tightening ALL the bolts including your adapter. when I took my transfer case off there were MANY that were loose...

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Any other thoughts?

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

clean everything off real well then sit under there and watch it leak...my 208 was leaking like a drop every 5 seconds from its front output...You can also drain the 208 and see if it [the tranny] still leaks...

Chris