Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79tx4x4, Dec 24, 2000.

1. 79tx4x4

79tx4x4 Registered Member

On my 84' it has a 4" lift, when I shift to 4 LO it seems drive normal,but when I shift to 4 HI it doesn't want to go much and the whole truck shakes, so I give up trying and I put it back to 2 HI and free the hubs, when I drive it feels like transfer case is still attached, then I back up about 20 ft. to try to free the attachment, BUT it makes a crunch noise and the truck won't go any more and some grinding noise when I give some gas. Oh my God! I break something. Would somebody have experience knowing what I break and where I can get parts for the transfer case? thanks!

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    To start things, you may want to openn the upper filler bolt on the t-case. The chain is visible from that location. Take a quick look and see if all the links are intact. If you don't see a problem, sounds like you are eating gears inside of it. One thing I would consider is going to a salvage yard and getting a 2wd trans out of a p/u and drive shaft. You can put in that in, shorten the shaft using that trans for the time being. I'd suspect that your t-case is going to need some attention. I don't know much about them, but I my self was thinking of goign with a th400 & 205. I'm just tired of these 700's. 3ed in 3 years! @ $1200, this s#!T is getting expensive. Plus it always happens at chirstmas!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez</A>