Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AnthonyG, Jan 19, 2004.

1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

I am running a 400/208 right now but my 208 will not come out of 4 high the shifter is in 2 high i even pulled the linkege off and made sure it wil all the way i 2h but still stuck in 4h.

here is my question would it be stuck because it is low on fluid of would that effect it at all. I need to fix this asap being in 4 high took out my new cv in a few weeks so i pulled the front driveline and now it's snowing and i want to go play in it HELP

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

when i bought my truck there was no fluid in it at all /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and who now how long it was like that before. it worked fine i put 500 miles on it before i checked it. so i don't think its the fluid level

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

This happened to one of my old 208's. I ended up removing the back half of the case to find that the shifter rail had worn down at the back and was flopping around in the recess that holds it (Part of the rear case) I ended up getting another one. Good Luck.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I agree with sandman. I had to change a case this winter. same deal, getting stuck in 4hi. The case was worn and the shaft was flopping around. When i took apart, the fork was also bent. most likely from forcing out of gear!