Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 slip yoke eliminator

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by crewchief264, May 22, 2002.

1. crewchief264

crewchief264 Registered Member

I really want to eliminate the slip yoke on my 208. Unlike the 241, no one makes a kit and I don't have the money or know how to fab one. I called Jb conversions and they said they don't make one basically because there is no demand. I think more people who have the 208 and want to get rid of the leaking slip yoke should speak up and call in to fab shops so that one might actually make a kit. I 'd rather just convert my 208 rather than getting a 241. I dunno know, but let me know what you think?

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

If you are really determined to make your 208 fixed yoke, you can use the back half of a Dodge 208 and the front half and guts from your 208.

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

I converted my case and i sold one to CaptCrunch . check out my pics . i can tell you how to do it .

4. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

Could you please tell me also?
    I'd be very interested in knowing how it's done too.
    I'm really getting sick and tired of my slip yoke seal leaking fluid. I think with a fixed yoke I'd be able to add a rotor type parking brake right?
    Anyhow, I would be greatful if you'd send me your how-to guide to transfer case conversion /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Thanks!
    Jim

5. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

ok umm check out my pics page the 208 sye album first them ill answer all your questions , dont have the typingtyme now /forums/images/icons/frown.gif.

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

ok here goes guys .
    first u need a good chevy 208 .
    then u need the ( rear half , the tailhousing , and the mainshaft ) from a dodge 208 . there are about 3 things that need to be done the dodge parts . first the rear half needs a new shoft rod support , u should get a new piece of aluminnum mahcined and tig welded to it . the dodge case lacks a support rod bolt hole so if u are worried u can cut the one off a a chevy case and weld it on . then if i was going to do mine again i would move / drill and tap and new fill hole , now i just put studs in the front and fill it before i put it on.

after you do all this swap the chevy parts onto the dodge shaft except for the oil pump and speedo gear .

jberg62 , i dont know about a rotor type parking brake on the output . it is possible , i just havent looked into it .