Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 Slip-yoke Eliminator

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mastiff, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What's the latest on kits for this? I see these:

http://www.driveshaftsuperstore.com/slip_yoke.htm

but I don't really get it. Does it just attach onto the same output where the slip yoke currently is and mount somehow? If so, the length would be the same, so not much benefit except being able to drive home on the front wheels.

I think I've seen plugs for sale someplace, and probably cheaper than $550. I've already got a CV slip-yoke shaft.

2. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

I would also be interested in getting rid of that tail section. Anyone listening?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

but I don't really get it. Does it just attach onto the same output where the slip yoke currently is and mount somehow? If so, the length would be the same, so not much benefit except being able to drive home on the front wheels.

I think I've seen plugs for sale someplace, and probably cheaper than $550. I've already got a CV slip-yoke shaft.

[/ QUOTE ]

It attaches to the output shaft. A person drills a hole in the shaft, bolt the slip shaft onto the output shaft. As for a plug, Pepsi bottle duct taped works as good.

There's a guy on here K10somethingoranother that builds 208s with a fixed yoke. I don't know much about them, even though I do have a custom case with a fixed output. I can take a pic of it when I get home today to show the outer differences.

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It attaches to the output shaft. A person drills a hole in the shaft, bolt the slip shaft onto the output shaft. As for a plug, Pepsi bottle duct taped works as good.

There's a guy on here K10somethingoranother that builds 208s with a fixed yoke. I don't know much about them, even though I do have a custom case with a fixed output. I can take a pic of it when I get home today to show the outer differences.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are thinking of K10ANDYKHAMNIC