Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 slip yoke kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gotmud77, May 18, 2004.

1. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Has anybody used or heard anything about the sye kit from Arizona drivelines? The standard kit runs $400 and that includes a driveshaft with a cv joint at the top. I comes with a flange mount that gos into the transfer case. The only thing that i was not sure of is the hole that needs to be drilled into the main shaft of the transfer case. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

don't have it but its junk. Like you said, just drills into the tailshaft. Aka you actually lose shaft length, rather than gaining, and there is no bearing support like there is with a 241 SYE kit. Only REAL option is taking Dodge components and upgrading. I just swapped for a 241 since kits are widely available.

3. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

This company also has a slip yoke shaft that has a cv joint at the top that eliminates the vibrations. What do you think of this product?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

people around here have them. Its a good idea if you don't plan to be hard into suspension travel and all. If you do look towards SYE on a 208 or 241 or if you want change to a new Tcase.

5. offroad87

offroad87 Registered Member

my slip yoke cv shaft from AZ driveline will be here in about a week ill let you know how it works out.

6. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

great i will wait and see what you can tell me. I am running 8" of lift on my k5 and i need to do something.