Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 slip yoke

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rob 85K5, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

How long is the yoke?
    I did the 3/4 ton swap and now have and extra inch of yoke out of the tcase, and don't feel like pulling the drive shaft back out. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I just happened to have one in the back of my truck.

From the center of the yoke (center of ujoint) to the end is 8.25 inches. This is from a 1987 208 if that makes a difference.

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

If you are just talking about the portion that slides in the tcase it is 6 inches.

4. Rob 85K5

Thanks alot, much appreciated.

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

You did a 3/4 ton swap and have MORE shaft out now? I cant honestly judge since when I did my swap I also lifted more, and did a 2in shackle flip but to look at the size of a 14 to a 10 the shaft should be IN more. (all other things being equal.) This is just an eyeball observation I never measured.

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    You did a 3/4 ton swap and have MORE shaft out now? I cant honestly judge since when I did my swap I also lifted more, and did a 2in shackle flip but to look at the size of a 14 to a 10 the shaft should be IN more. (all other things being equal.) This is just an eyeball observation I never measured.

[/ QUOTE ]
    For the first time ever.. I agree with you. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif LOL You should have less sticking out... I had to shorten my driveline..

7. Rob 85K5

I thought the same thing. I have 2" block lift, with the t-case dropped. I measured the 10 and 14 from axle tube center to yoke center, they are within a 1/2" of each other. The only thing I haven't done is check the driveline angles, the pinion is lower on the 14 is the only thing i can think of.