Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 sye

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Masiony, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

ok, i searched. and most of my questions were answered. but one comment caught my eye. in this thread http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92268&highlight=208+SYE post number 5 and 6 talk about using a jeep 208 for a homebrew sye kit. does any body have any info on this? i ask this because i have access to a jeep 208 and just moved my rear axle back 5.5" so i might as well kill two birds with one stone. and i am looking for a cheap solution, as my 208 is only going to be in my truck till i can do all my swapping this winter.

2. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

anybody?

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

if its only gonna be there till winter, id just run a slip yoke, and be done with it.

if your set on it, just try to mix and match, and make the parts fit that dont fit. dunno what to else to say.

4. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

i would run a rear slip, but i need a longer driveline. but i do have a jeep 208 and a driveline what will work if the conversion works. that is the main reason i want to swap out the output. i am on a very very limited college student bugdet.