Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 t-case ?? chain play?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Dec 29, 2002.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have a 208 case I am selling to another member, but I want to make sure this is gonna be ok for him. It looks clean and shifts fine. the case is ok were the shift rail goes in. My only question is, how much slack is supposed to be on chain?? My tranny guy says 1/2 tp 3/4 is good, up to an inch. an inch seems like alot! but this case has about 2/3 play. what do you think?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Henry:
    When I rebuilt mine it had quite a bit of slack in the chain I'd say and inch up to down, but once the case was back together and (the important part to the tension of the chain...)the front output yoke nut was tight it tightened that slack quite a bit as far as feel by hand....my t-case has abouit 350,000 clocked on it with the original chain so I could guess if you have inspected it and all looks well...I'd go ahead with the sell in all honesty....also mine is behind the harsh shifting 465....
    Its not too often you read on here "My 208/241 chain popped now what...." I think this site is a testament to the chain stability... you told me the aluminum cracks when beat easy but chain should be fine.... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif