Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

208 to 241 t-case swap ??s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, May 23, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I would like to swap out my leaky, probably cracked again, old 208 case for a 241. The 241 I am looking at is a mechanical speedo version, so that is the same as I have. My questions have to do with the modifications (if any) that need to be done to do this swap successfully. Will driveshaft lengths be affected?? Are the shift linkage pieces all the same? Will my shifter work?

The 241 is out of an 89 K5...and my 208 is stock to my 87 K5...

Any helpful hints and advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Keith, I think this will basically be a direct bolt in exchange for you. Best thing to do would be to drive next to a truck with a 241 in it and do some measuring and comparing with your 208. I know for a fact that the adapter and spline count are a match, so no problems there...and I'm 99% sure the driveshafts will not need mods...if you need to, you can come by my place and we can compare yours next to my wife's '90 Sub with 241.