Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

21 Road & Billings

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Have any of you CO guys run either 21 Road or Billings in Grand Junction? How hard are they? What are the minimums to run these trails? Can the trails be run in the winter or are they snowed in?

It looks like I am going to spend about 3-4 months working in Grand Junction this winter. If I have a towrig and my rig is capable enough to run these trails I want to try them. It would be the perfect time since I am going to be getting paid to be there.

My setup is 85K5, caged, 3/4 ton, 4.56's, locked F&R, crossover, 37" MTR's, winch, FI 350, poorman's doubler (700/208), and no concern about body damage. Thanks

Harley

2. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Muddin' east of the Airport

Drop MRK5 a line and he can tell you about slopping and slidding around in clay mud area east of the airport at GJ. Great fun until the ground thawed out, then OH chit!

Fred

3. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hey hoss i havent been out on 21 lately but some guys i work with have and said that its better than last year due to spring run off id bet on body hits i havent ran the whole billings trail but its mild from what i remember but i know a fun little trail buy the airport ask mrk5 and gjk5 they didnt even run the whole trail let me know and il get you my number

4. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My friend is a heep guy and is the manager at the local azone. He's run 21 road and has allready done billings canyon. Pack your lunch for billings...i have walked it from the top down. It has winch point creted in the boulders in the upper section. Its an all day affair...as far as winter goes...junction as a rule has mild winters...but every once and a while we get snow that sticks for a while instead of melting off in a day or two....hopefully the 79 will be doubled by then and i'm sure steve will run his cherokee thru it again...

DW

5. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my bad im thinking of another trail up by billings

6. crawlnjeep

crawlnjeep Registered Member

21 road is fun-lots of optional stuff to play on, but if you take the straight forward lines you should make it to the top... depends if its wet or dry though, and a little ice on the rocks makes it real fun ;) Billings is a short but quite difficult trail. On weekends you may run into traffic, and unlike 21 rd, there's basically only one way to go, and passing is difficult or impossible if someone is broken down. If you want to find some people to go with, post up at colorado4x4.org and you should be able to find some people to run with.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

When the time come I will post over at Colorado4x4.org too. I am a member over there. Thanks

Harley