Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

21 Road....

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by K5 NUTT, Aug 3, 2003.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Guess i should have known better...but what the hey i thought i'd go give it the college wirl today....for my efforts i busted out the drivers side tail light and really bashed up the sheetmetal surrounding the lense...Holy cross got the pass side lense but no sheet metal....trail was slicker than snot and started getting extremely narrow so i thought better of my decision and turned her around....guess a 10 is about a 12 in the wet soup around here....lol.

DW

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Hope you have a good time anyway /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That trail gets pretty narrow in some spots. You just don't want to be caught in that narrow canyon during a heavy thunderstorm. Those huge boulders get rearranged by the force of the water that slams though there during a big storm up on the mesa. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Back in the 50's, 21 Road used to be an access road to the gas fields up top. After the entire road washed out and was rebuilt a couple of times, they gave up and used other routes to get up there. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Had to buy 4 new wheels at discount today...the two rears got pinched by boulders and peeled the weights right off and wasn't holding air to well...bought the black wagons at $38 a piece....had to fix asap due to leakage and this coming weekend is ouray at 13900.....pre running trail for co state assoc...snap dealers friend owns some land they have to run through...ought to be fun....

DW

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ouch! You really did find the tight spots! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif