Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

24: holy crap.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jan 15, 2007.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this show is quickly becoming one of the best of all time. Did anyone else watch the 4th hour tonight? The end was beyond belief. Amazing. JB is gonna kick some ass.

j

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ya i am a big fan and i think the show is great so far :)

3. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I just finished watching it... I had it Tivo'd so when I got home I could cruise through it.

This is going to be the best season EVER!!!

Really though, can you imagine the state of the nation if there really had been 11 weeks of terrorist attacks? I can only imagine how this country would react.

I hope that none of the scenarios in these shows ever come true.

mudhog... your from Portland? I didn't know that. Do you know Colby?

4. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

I brused my jaw twice in the last 10 minutes

:eek1::eek1:

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yep.. I didn't expect that ending tho'...

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

This show might, just might, cause some people to wake up and realize that these things are NOT that far fetched.

I heard Rush talking about it yesterday and he said the libs are upset b/c the show portrays a negative image of Muslims :rolleyes: .

I'm sure the Muslims that played the Muslims on the show had no trouble cashing their paychecks. If they aren't upset why should the libs be?

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Mabey they were "actors" acting like they were muslims.:thinking:

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Crazy awesome wow. I'm going to be back to watching TV again.

I totally did not expect that ending. I thought the dad was gonna be a hero, my jaw dropped and my heart stopped for a minute. My wife said she thinks she stopped breathing, too.

I was thinking about it this morning, if it wasn't a TV show but really happened, I'd be beyond angry and devastated. I'm glad it's a tv show...but how far from reality is it actually? Well, far in a lot of ways, but also not far in a lot of ways.

9. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Jack Bauer

Jack is back... jack is so hard that two years in Chinese prison didn't break him. Kinda guessed the nuke part but didn't see the Curtis thing coming. I was wondering how they were going to top last year. This season rocks so far!

10. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

As I think of it..I think the viewing public would have appreciated and enjoyed the show more if the son being held hostage would've stabbed the crap out of whatever the hell his name is, rather than letting CTU have all the fun when they stormed the house.

I'm ok with TV violence, where appropriate..

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yes and no lol i havent meet him personaly yet lol

12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I'm with you on this one. I was expecting the kid to kill that f*cker.

13. jekbrown

i thought they did a good job of not doing what was expected in the 4th episode. For 5 seasons, CTU has always stopped the really heinous attack from happening (or at least contain it)... this time they get there 10 seconds to late. The dad being there really bumped that scene up a notch... not even sure why, but it did. And Jack shooting Curtis? Holy crap.. that was almost an a-bomb by itself. Just an amazing episode.

Up to this point, season 2 is still my favorite..... right now season 6 is looking to take over that title though. Kick ass Jack!

[​IMG]

I'm gonna have to wait a year or two, but I wanna see Jack exact his revenge on the Chinese intelligence guy too...

As far as the realism if the US was attacked constantly on a small scale... I think it was pretty realistic. People would try to stay calm at first... but next thing ya know, individuals would be "taking matters into their own hands"... and then the cops hands would be full (imagine LA riots x eleventy billion)... and then it would be 'he who has guns and can shoot, gets whatever he wants' for a while after that. It'd be pandemonium for sure.

j

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It shocked the hell out of me. I thought for sure it was going to be a "just in the nick of time" rescue. Maybe something big in a couple weeks when the buzz died down a little.

Killing Curtis was a total shocker. (Maybe he can do State Farm comericals, now)

15. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

24 rocks

I've never seen a show who has killed off so many charaters. Jack is the only one to last the entire run of the show. Cloie is the next. But with this show you never know when someone is going to get "done".

16. jekbrown

yeppers... and now that they have built up that precedent... if Cloe gets in a **** sandwich, people will be expecting her to get canned... so it will almost be shocking if they don't kill her off. lol! this show has turned the TV world upside down. I heard that Keifer got a $25,000,000 3 year contract extension last year... the guy has definitely earned it. IMO Jack Bauer is to Keifer, what the Terminator was to Arnold. Career-defining stuff.

j