Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241 Cracks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fwc, Jun 7, 2004.

1. fwc

fwc Registered Member Premium Member

As a result of a u-joint/slip yoke failure my rear driveshaft smacked the back of the transfer pretty good. The "pump retainer housing" ended up with a crack around one of the bolt holes. Does anybody know where to get a replacment? Is it possible to weld the piece back on? Any suggestions? For what its worth, my 91 Jimmy is essentially stock and is a daily driver. Thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

junkyard usually got the piece, but talking them out of taking apart a good tc in the problem. You can get a machine shop to weld it up also, had it done plenty of times, as long as you have most of the pieces so they can weld it together, especially around a bolt hole, or just have em weld a solid piece on and drill you a new hole. Probably cost you 60 bucks to get it done that way.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd get it welded up at a good shop. Make sure they clean it real well and it should be sucessful.

4. fwc

fwc Registered Member Premium Member

Thanks for the tips so far, welding seems to be the way to go. There really arent too many donor trucks to be found in boneyards around here anyway.