Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241 rebuild kit, I need one

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by desertrat67, Oct 6, 2006.

1. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Where can i get a rebuild kit for a 241? i pulled my t-case to install the sye this morning, got it torn apart and found the nylonpads that go on the shift fork ends are gone on both shift forks and the material has travelled all over the case. The pump is missing two of the four ears on it, nd I have a crack in the rear half of the case housing. The crack i don't think I am too worried about, since it is on the top of the case and I am pretty sure the rear half doesn't have that much force applied to it during use. I'll take that in have the ends drilled so the crack doesn't sspread and have a shop weld the crack if it is possible. The forks need to be replaced along with new nylon pads installed. Thanks, ryan

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

www.nationaldrivetrain.com is where I got my stuff. Bearing and seal kit was about $110, chain $80, pump $55, range fork $55. The teflon pads come in the kit. I cheaped out and didn't replace the chain the first time, so I did it twice. My chain was shot and didn't have a blemish on it. Several folks on here have found a bad to moderately worn range fork once they get into it. You can't see it until you take it out. Mine was the one that had the numbers stamped on it (you'll see from the catalog)

They ship from Chicago and Atlanta as I remember. It's been a year or so since I did mine.

3. MagnuM4WD

MagnuM4WD 1/2 ton status

4. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

thanks guys. I think i like this better than my thought to buy another used case and possibly have the same problems with it.

5. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

I have been debating doing the slip yolk elimiator myself, how hard was it for you? I just rebuild my 241 so I don't need to worry about that. Thanks for the heads up!

~Brian