Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241 Speedometer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CHEVY 4WD, Mar 13, 2004.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ok I have a 84' but Im going to replace the 208 with a 241, I know 89 have a mechanical speedo, and 90-91's have a electric. Which really do I want? I want to make my truck have an accurate speed reading and I am also planning on all Autometer gauges so I could buy Mechanical or Electric on the speedo... Also how do you get your speedo accurate?

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

With what you've listed, I would go with the electric speedo and the new super short kit from JB conversion for the 241.

I've got the mech. speedo, and it's just a matter of getting the correct gear to match the new gears in the axles and tire sizes. I haven't bothered, I had a Highway Patrol clock me on 4 seperate passes so that I know roughly what speed I'm going. I can only do around 70 max anyway soooooo /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

yea... I was looking at that new supershort kit, I dont really need it because I have a long bed but Ill probably do it anyways, because Its the same price and I got the same thing I KIND of know how fast im going but I wanna make it right(been wrong for 2years)