Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241 transfer problems:HELP!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Oct 25, 2000.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

My 91 241 transfer case is spittin' fluid out the vent tube. It is not over full and has 125,000 on the speedo. As far as I know, it has not been apart. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

blazen91

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I wonder if the tranny fluid is getting into your transfer case through the seal? Also, are you sure its not overfilled?

ken

3. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Yes I'm sure it's not over filled. I had the transmission done about a month ago, took it back yesterday and they said the trans case was a quart low so they toped it off. They also said if it was fluid transfering from the transmission to the trans case,A: the transmission would be low and B:the transfer case would be high. They topped off the trans case with fluid and it spit it back out within about 75 miles. After it gets a quart low, it doesn't seem to spit as bad. But the under side of my blazer is covered with oil. Presure washed it this morning, so I'll see how bad it still is tonight.
    blazen91