Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241 won't pop into 4L?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, May 28, 2002.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

241 won\'t pop into 4L?

Up north this weekend we went boggin down an old fire road and what do you know but a brand new "might Mopar" got balzy and tried to make it through a big mud hole. The whole thing was flat on its belly with all 4 tires spinning. I went back to camp to get my k5 and a nice tow strap. after cake walking the trail in 2wd I eased past the ram in order to tug him out. after getting past him i dropped it in 4 hi and tried to tug but the wheelswould spin after a good womp on the gas. I then tried repositioning and puttining it in 4L. it acted like there was a brick in the way. anything past the big N, even with a big yank, just wasn't happening. I tried it in park, neutral and in 1 gear and still nothing. any ideas, I sure could have showed him up if it would have popped in 4L. He had to have a wrecker pull him out with a winch. Any Ideas on why she isn't going into 4L?

Thanks..

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: 241 won\'t pop into 4L?

Did you move the lever to the side? Many of the newer transfer cases have a gate that requires you to move the lever to one side or the other to get past the gate to go into low range.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: 241 won\'t pop into 4L?

Haha, our Cherokee has that gate thing for 4low...had me confounded for a few minutes. I felt pretty dumb when I did figure it out though./forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Rene