Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241c 4to1

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevystepside, Dec 24, 2002.

1. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

man there has to be a cheaper way of doing a 4to1 tcase without paying 1300.00 i want to stay with the 241c is there any way to piece it together by means of junk yard stuff. or with out having to replace th front half of the case

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I dont think that 4to1 has what it takes for a Blazer. They are using them in things half the weight.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

There is no way to piece it togeather. You will have to buy a kit. The nice thing is you can use your existing driveshafts and SYE kit if you have it.

Butch, as far as it holding up there are a couple of us here looking in to it. I want to run the 4 to 1 in Donna's K5. The 241 will deffinately hold up well in stock form so if it is a quality kit it may do well. I understand where you are comming from since the 231 kit is used in Jeeps and lighter weight vehicles. It would be nice to have other options other then the Doubler or other t cases.

4. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

If you'll cal Lisa at my shop after Xmas she'll get you a much better price than that.

5. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Yeah I think the planetary would make it, but I see bad things happening to the chain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I know the 2.72 planetary is really strong, I'd suspect the 4:1 planetary. I'm not sure what gear it is but if it's like the 231 gears I wouldn't let a truck near it. They have to be timed and can end up only loading a couple of teeth which is why they sometimes come apart in jeeps.....