Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241c rebuild?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bvrbtr, Aug 29, 2006.

1. bvrbtr

bvrbtr Registered Member

I'm just wondering if any of you guys would be able to tell me how hard is it to rebuild a 241c transfer case, specificly the oil pump inside the t-case?

thanks to anyone who can help me

2. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

are you wanting to put an new oil pump in or are you wanting to rebuild the whole thing? the oil pump is in the back cover piece and it is operated by the rear output. it is not buried by the gears or the chain and it is one of the last things to be put on upon rebuild. hope this helps.

3. bvrbtr

bvrbtr Registered Member

No, just need to replace the pump so far, thanks for the help.

4. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

Go to JB Conversions website. They have some good photos and explanations for installing a SYE. The pump is specifically shown in one of the shots.

5. bvrbtr

bvrbtr Registered Member

Okay now I feel like a newbie whats an SYE? and do you have JB Conversions website address?

6. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

SYE = slip yoke eliminator, like it says, it eliminates the slip yoke design and replaces it with a fixed yoke on the transfer case output. You then must get a new driveshaft that has a slip shaft on it. The 241 SYE allows you to run a slightly longer shaft, thus decreasing driveline angle. Plus, if you ever grenade that rear shaft, you can remove it and drive still drive the truck in front wheel drive. If you tried that with a slip yoke 241, you would lose all the TC fluid.

http://www.jbconversions.com/

Replacing a 241 pump is pretty easy. You just need to split the cases, remove the old one and install the new one. If your TC has some mileage on it, I would consider changing the chain while you have it open. How do you know the pump is bad?