Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

241c t-case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevystepside, Jan 7, 2003.

1. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

well my t-case took a crap last week. i took it a part and there really isnt much to these 241s. how can that 4to1 tcase kit be so damn expensive and why do they try to sell you the front half of the case. the main planitery gear in the front of the case is removeable. i think you should be able to order just the gears of the new style planitery set-up and not have to pay for the new front half of the case.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

They actually have to machine the case to clearance it for the gears to fit, that is why they sell you the kit with the case half.
    That is what I remember from the article I read a year ago on it.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Good luck tring to do 4 to 1's in it. Me and a couple other members have been looking into it for quite some time. Basically what we found is that nobody recommends doing it in a full sized truck. I just talked to the people at Tereflex and JD's yesterday and another member talked to New Venture Gear and all were a bust.

4. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

well i guess that i will just rebuild the 241 and start on building a doubler for it.