Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

250 - 292 Engine Swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 70k5hunter, Apr 20, 2005.

1. 70k5hunter

70k5hunter Registered Member

I am in the process of swapping engines in my 70 K-5 Balzer and the 292 requires a different passanger side motor mount frame bracket. Anyone have one or know where I can get one? My project is at a standstill until I can track one down.

Thanks,

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Theres a guy here in CA. He has ALOT of stuff for 67-90 chevy trucks, blazers and burbs. Let me know if you dont find somehitng more local to you and I can give him a call for you or give you his number.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Need a 292 long block? I have one in Corpus Christi but can meet you in College Station if you're interested.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

5. 70k5hunter

70k5hunter Registered Member

Crossmember engine mount bracket search

Okay, please send me his contact information. Right now I'm exploring all sources for a remedy. My project is on hold until I can solve the mount issue. I have a fresh 292 waiting to drop in. Thanks for the help!!

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if you can setup an engine mount on pass side 3" more forward then there you go

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I know of 2 here...

I saw 2 chevy trucks with 292's during my last junkyard visit a week ago...The bracket on the passenger side should be all you need-( the crossmember might be different,as far as I know only the frame bracket is required to do the swap..)
    -I did a 292 swap from a 250 about a year ago with a friend on a 82 C10,we found a bracket in a boneyard,got lucky,since few exist anymore--but after it was installed,we figured we could have used the original 250 bracket with some modifications,or made our own,its not that much different than the 292 one--just enough to be a PITA and not be just a bolt in deal.. :crazy: