Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$250 a good price for a 350 with all engine work done

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

My dad called a maching shop that he does business with and got a price for a 4 bolt 350. The guy said he bore it out 30 over and put cam bearing and freeze plugs in for $250. The motor is guarentee i was just wonderin if that a good price???? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif One more thing this engine is gonna be made into a 383

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Well I can't comment on the complete deal there but most shops charge like $10 a cylinder to bore the cylinders out + a handling fee I"m sure so..hope that helps some.

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

The shop I used charged 180 to bore and hone with a deck plate, so 250 with that other stuff doesnt sound too bad. I dont know where my receipt is or I'd tell you how much the freeze plugs and bearings were.

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

that is reasonable....

a few bucks too high but reasonable! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

just as a reference, my builder is charging my about $400 for all the work on my BBC...that is for cleaning and inspecting, boring it .030" over, honing and plateau honing, align-honing the mains, replaceing cam bearings, installing freeze plugs and oil plugs, grinding/polishing the crank, and balancing the entire rotating assembly...

I'd say go for it, esp. if the guy does good work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris