Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

250 engine/transmission question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by civicstomper, Sep 25, 2003.

1. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Hi, I am rebuilding a 250 L6 engine, and I was wondering if an automatic transmission that was previously with a 350 would fit. The 250 did have a 3 speed, but this is no good. I know that this is probably a stupid question, but the housing appear to be similar sizes. I have asked a few friends, and no one knows if they are compatable or not. If anyone knows if this can be done, please let me know. Thanks again, /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes, all transmissions behind a V/8 will bolt up to your 250 6 cylinder.

3. civicstomper

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Not to get off topic but seeing as yur building a inline
    Have you ever seen these guys:cliffordperformance.com
    I have used their stuff to build some very good running 250 Chevy and 300 ford 6s. Their fun to build and you can get an amazing ammount of power/torque out of inlines.

5. civicstomper

Hey, hows it going? No, I have never heard of that site until you told me. THis will probably help me a lot for information, as you know the 6 cylinders are not as common as the 8's. I agree with you completely, when it comes to gas milage, torque, and power, the inline engine seems to have the best overall performance. I am also using the 6 cylinder because my dad would tell stories about the farm, and every farm truck they had until the mid 70s had the 6 cylinder, so I figured it must be a good engine. Thanks again for the website.
    -Pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

if you have a integral motor dont bother with clifford as far as headers and intake you cant use them /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.i know i have a 250 in my k10 if you get a early(70-76?) style head all is good autozone has them for 149.00 here
    if you have any more ?s just holla /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifi have the GM shop manuel
    George

7. civicstomper

Thanks for the information. I will probably have a few questions in the future as this is my first time rebuilding an inline, so thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif