Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2500 HD best lift

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sean'schevy, Oct 18, 2004.

1. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

i got a 01 gmc 2500 hd with the 8.1 and thinking of lifting it. this is my dd so I want a decent ride and I will also be using this truck to tow my 87 1 ton chevy pickup on 44s. Like to fit 35 or maybe 37s (how bad would this kill my towing havnt towed my big chevy yet with GMC either) Looking for ur guys opinions on what setup would be best. I know 35s will be better for towing but the GMC's ive seen on them look small compared to all those fords running around. 37s seem to just look right on few internet pics ive seen.thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Personally I wouldnt lift your tow rig, But RCD makes a decent kit, and so does CST. They are all pretty much the same now, and If you have a 4wd I think skyjacker makes a kit that allows you to convert it back to stock height without replacing the front diff case after you lifted it.