Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

265/70R17's and Dash vent clips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhcomp, Dec 1, 2005.

1. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Hey everyone, dont' really want to start another tire thread, but i can't decide.

I need tires in the 265/70R17 size, and really want the BFG AT KO's, but am arguing with my dad over the price. Is there any comperable tires that are cheaper in that size? I'm kicking myself for selling my factory 16" rims.....the 17" size is so much more expensive.

These are going to be winter tires, as i have a set of worn tires that im going to run next summer. I'll be going to the snow often, but these will get lots of road miles. I have Dueler At's now, had Goodyear Wrangler ATs's before, and neither were agressive enough.
    Any other tires i should consider?

Also, the vents in the center of my dash, 94, right above the stock casette (or aftermarket head unit) are loose now. Somehow, the little metal clips that keep the center of the vents attached to the trim panel are gone. Anyone know where i could get these, or if i have to order a whole new assembly. The part i am talking about is this:
    [​IMG]

Any of you parts guys have an exploded view of the back with the clips?

THanks guys!

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

You can get those clips at the dealer

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i would imagine LMC can help you - i know they've got that kind of small stuff for older trucks. never seen a catalogue for post '91 tho.

colbystephens.

4. dhcomp

I thought about going to a dealer, but couldn't even figure out where the clips "clip". I'll go see if they can help....

Oh, and i convinced my parents to let me get the BFG's :)

:laugh: :D

5. dhcomp

Ok, well 5 min after i request teh BFG's at big o, i found a good deal on some takeoffs. 05 z71 Tahoe 17's with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wranger AT/S's for $500

I ended up getting those for $450. Not anywhere near the same tire quality....but $450 vs. $815 was sorta a no brainer. I don't really use it off road enough to justify that difference anyways.....

Thanks guys!