Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

27% Over Drive Unit, SB Chevy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ks2krpt, May 1, 2005.

1. ks2krpt

ks2krpt Registered Member

I have been offered (to buy) a Overdrive unit that mounts to a Chevy sb bell house and accepts a SM-465 on the rear. Its reported to be a 27% od.

The information on the Box, which weighs about 80 pounds is
    " Double Torque 2xt Model 8200". Cast into the box is 2xt8247 Serial # 2004

This box appears almost identical to the Advance Adapters Ranger OD.

DOes anyone have ony information on this box ? What Torque will it handle, what weight truck ? And what is its value. An offer is wanted buy the seller.

Thanks
    Paul

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I paid 750 for my Ranger OD off of ebay. It was not new, but it was never installed. It is behind a turbocharged 6.2 and in a crew cab (weighs roughly 7200 lbs). Any other info can be had on the AA website I think and if not they are very helpful on the phone.

3. cadptsman

cadptsman Newbie

Paul,

Did you ever find out any information on this double torque unit? The reason I ask, is because I've found one for sale, a used one, but it's 500 miles away, never used by the current owner, so he doesn't know for sure what condition it's in, and he's wanting 850.00 for it. I've tried to find info on it online, but after searching for hours, the only thing that came up was your question about it.
    Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Things like what kind of torque it will handle, and any other specs if you have them.

Thanks for anything you can provide,

Rick,
    Arizona