Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2nd Annual Blazer Safari / Big Dawg Desert Safari

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by RaisedK5, Jul 23, 2002.

1. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Just wanted to let you all know that we are planning the Safari for Oct 18-20th. For all those that went last year, we'd love to see you again, and for those who have not been over this far west yet, we'd love to meet you guys too.

For those that don't know last year we held the Safari and 20+ trucks showed up, a large portion were you zonies. Just as we did last year it will be held at Truckhaven Hills, near the Salton Sea, this is the Location of the annual Tierra Del Sol Desert safari, and offers some great terrain and wheeling. For Pics of last year, check out my album below, and for more info check out the So Cal club forum or check out the Blazer Safari Info Forum on our website socalbigdawgs.com Hope to see you guys out there. Oh and BTW its a full moon weekend, so it should be beautiful at night and we might put together a night run. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for the heads up Leland /forums/images/icons/cool.gif We had a good time last year. Just checked the weather for Oct, and I guess a 92 ave high is much better than 105, like last summer /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I'll have to agree that this is a waaaayyyy fun trip! If you haven't been to Truckhaven Hills, you gotta go! The best part is that the wheelin' there is mild to wild - and you can wheel there quite a bit without getting any body damage if that's your thing.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    On the other hand. There's twisty ruts big enuf to swallow any rig...!

Gettin' twisty @ Truckhaven
    Marv

4. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

That's the same weekend as the AZ State Jamboree... & the truckin nationals at firebird are the same weekend again this year too... just FYI for the local guys.

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Sweet pic Marv! And I believe that I know which spot that was! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Didn't your passenger door take a war wound there on that one rock sticking out just waiting to get us?! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hope you guys can come out and join us again! And please keep us informed of any trips you guys might do this Fall/Winter, as I would love to wheel AZ in the more temperate part of the year! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Anyone hear anything about the Parker area?? Heard it was pretty good from a Jeep Club I used to hang out with...anyways, looking forward to seeing some of you guys there - and we're working real hard on getting Keith V back out there with his Home Brew again! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

something tells me, unless i strike it rich, or a D60 and some 42's fall in my lap(on bead lock of course) then i wont have my truck there. but my wife and i just may make it anyway.
    grant

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Keith, glad to hear from you! Good reminder to us all to keep the SoCal boys involved, we have some killer and extreme trails (for the fullsize guys) here. Search for the post from "NoRulz" about the fullsize doing Armaggeddon /forums/images/icons/wink.gif and you'll see what body damage is like...OUCH......LOL. Never done Parker, but heard about the area. Still lots of AZ left to explore for me. Wait till to you see Russ' rig, if he takes it out there... hint hint....

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, I want to do Armageddon. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I would also love to do many other trails, but, alas, all I do is work on my rig. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, good to hear from you guys as well! I hope that we can see some of you guys in October, it should be a blast out there again! And yes, keep us on notice as to any runs out your way, we're always looking for excuses to get away! We're going up to the Rubicon next month, just in case anyone's interested...Sept 20th-23rd weekend...