Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2nd Annual So Cal meet and greet!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BranndonC, Feb 11, 2007.

?

Can you make it?

1. Yes, I am sure I'll make it any date you decide on

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, I can make it on the 2nd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I can make it on the 3rd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, I can make it on the 9th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, I can make it on the 10th

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. I can probably make it, not sure which date yet

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  7. I don't know, but I'd like to make it.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. No, I can't go.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

This year it will be on Sunday, June 10th again! Plan accordingly. Also if there is enough interest we can have it at Irvine Regional park instead.
    http://www.ocparks.com/irvinepark/default.asp?Show=Introduction
    Get dirrections Here

Here is some posts for last years event.
    So Cal meet and greet. June 10th
    So Cal BBQ June 10th, Final Count.
    So Cal BBQ followup pictures

I'm 2 hours south of Santa Barbara, 2 hours north of San Diego, and 2 hours or less from apple valley area, so I'm basically central to most of the Couthern California CK5ers.

Here's my plan. A BBQ/football/fishing/whatever at Irvine Regional Park. I'll be driving project torque there. Theres plenty of room to park all our trucks. I'll bring my video and picture cameras. I may bring my little fishing pole, but doubt I'll be fishing too much. Everyone bring your own food and drinks. Bring extra if you want. We are going to bring our golden retriever also.

Here is the Zoo Information

Park Info:
    Tables and barbecues are located throughout the 477 acre park with convenient parking and restroom facilities nearby. A paved bicycle/walking trail meanders through the central park providing easy access to six playgrounds, four softball fields, two horse shoe pits, volleyball courts and lagoon.

A four mile equestrian trail skirts the perimeter of the central park providing scenic views of the park and it's natural scenery. Horse trailers can be parked on the north perimeter of the train station parking lot. A lookout trail is on the north slope of the natural area where a covered shelter, watering trough and water fountain are available.

Group Picnic Areas... Three group picnic areas are available for large group picnics of 155 or more. Most have built-in barbecues, sinks and permanent tables. All groups of 100 or more are required to obtain a group activity permit a minimum of 15 working days prior to the day of use. Rates for reserving group picnic areas are variable according to size and type of group.

Group Area I is located near the lagoon and boathouse. Maximum capacity is 200, minimum group size is 155. A nearby ball field and volleyball area may be used on a "first-come" basis.

Group Area II is located near the bandstand/stage. Maximum capacity is 200, minimum group size is 155. A nearby ball field and volleyball area may be used on a "first-come" basis.

Group Area III is located in the back of the park with a more secluded atmosphere. Maximum capacity is 250, minimum group size is 155. There is a playground nearby and the playing field is again "first-come".

Group Area IV is located in the Villa Park Loop area. This area has a maximum capacity of 350 people and a minimum of 155. The nearby playground and volleyball court can be used on a "first-come" basis.

Bandstand/Stage... The outdoor bandstand/stage is located near the Visitor Center in the central park area.

The stage faces Group Picnic Area II, and can be lighted for evening programs.

Concessions... Bicycle and aquacycle rentals are located adjacent to the historic boathouse. Rentals are available throughout the summer, weekends and holidays. For more information visit www.IrvineParkRR.com.

The Lakeside Snack Bar is located adjacent to the historic boathouse. A variety of hot and cold food is availble, as well as, picnic supplies. Operating hours are seasonally variable.

Children's pony rides are provided 11:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekends and holidays. When local schools are out for summer vacation, the rides are open everyday, except Monday. Exact operating schedule is variable.

[​IMG]The Irvine Park Railroad and snack shop is located across from the pony rides and is open everyday from 10:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. A 10 minute train ride meanders past the two lakes and circles through an oak woodland. There are also four party pavilions that can be reserved through the Train Station.

Sycamore Hill group area is the newest reservable private picnic area located within the park. Requests for this area should be directed to the Irvine Park Railroad at (714)997-3968.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  2. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Call it and I will be there.

Brandon can I get the sand blaster back? I got some work to do on a Furd.

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I should be able to make it any day but would prefer Saturday over Sunday for NASCAR reasons:D . If I bring the K5 it will only be Myself and my daughter. No infant in the K5:( .

Ira

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I voted "can make, not sure which":D

5. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Hopefully I can make it to this years.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I wanted to make this a public poll, and multiple choice, but I hit submit too fast. I'll to a final head count 2 weeks before it again like I did last year. I found another park here that is larger, more nature like, and it has a zoo on the property. I'll post pictures of it and maybe we'll have it there instead.

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

If I'm in town I'll be there. Just don't know my schedule yet, but if you finalize a date I'll put it in my calendar and try to work travel around it.

8. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

yea get a finalized date i can only do it on the weekends

9. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Branndon,

I will be there again. My family and I had a blast last time. For the children's sake which includes mine I wouldn't mind having it at the park with the zoo. It will give the kids a chance to do something extra. Any date will work for me. It is far in advance that I will reschedule around that day.

10. buefchris

buefchris 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea, I'll go for sure. So far down the road , you'll have to remind me.:what:

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I'll put up a new post, and try and remind the people as it gets closer.

12. buefchris

What happened to the YORBA park idea? Just curious.:dunno:

13. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

YORBA doesn't have a train; for the kids, of course.:D
    Wanna see my LEGO motor in person?:haha:

14. buefchris

:haha: :haha: :haha: I never thought of that before ,but from the picture , it does look like some thing made from legos.

15. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Big Boys Toys:haha:

16. mello_yello

mello_yello 1/2 ton status

im in i live like 5 miles down the road from there, i might not have the beast ready yet but ill try to get it done

17. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

heh guys see ya this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D