Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2nd gen blazer frame...?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Anyone have a 2nd gen frame they want to get rid of for almost nothing? I have a friend who is in college that wants to start building his truck but of course funds are slow and low while in school.

Just figured I would ask. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have a 76 4x4 frame w/ a wrecked tub sitting on it. Tub may be saveable if you wanted to weld a new top on it. It is free for the taking...but if someone wants it they need to come get it ASAP cause it is going to be going to the wrecking yard shortly.
    I also have some other 4x4 stuff for sale that is in the For Sale forum if he is building a truck.

PM me if you are interested!

3. speedup

speedup Registered Member

While you're at it, see if anyone has a frame for my '77. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Somebody once told me that a '76 frame might not match up on some of the body mounts. If it's not too much work to match them up, and Topdown's friend doesn't get it first, I might be interested. Where in Wash. are you?

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Check with mountainexplorer too. He has a couple of blazer frames/tubs up in Ione, WA for free.

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am right in the middle of Washington....Ellensburg. About 35 miles from Yakima. I don't know what year they changed the body mounts, but I think it is only the 2 for the back of the cab portion of the truck. I know that a 79 is different from a 76 for those mounts, but I also know that you can torch the ones off your frame and put them on this frame if they are different.
    As far as I am concerned the first person to show up at my house w/ a couple guys, a few hours, and a flatbed gets it. You have to take it all though, no leaving the tub behind! There are no axles under it, but I have a 2.73 geared rearend that I would let go cheap that could be stuck back under it if someone wanted to be able to tow it w/ a dolly or a tow truck. Otherwise we can lift it onto a flatbed...somehow.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The junkyard just winches them up onto their rollbed.