Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2nd Gen Blazer Gas Tank -------> 1st Gen

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by badpeanut, Mar 22, 2003.

1. badpeanut

badpeanut Registered Member

I've read about installations of the "large" 31-ish gallon 2nd generation Blazer gas tank in a first generation and how they require relocating a crossmember and they reduce clearance.

How about the "small" 25-ish gallon second generation gas tank? Has anyone put one of these into a first generation? Do they require crossmember relocation and/or reduce clearance?

Do the 2nd generation factory skidplates work on the 1st generations?

I want extra gas capacity cheaply (so the nice Aero and NWMP tanks are not an option).

Wes S.
    '71 K5

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dont see why a newer one wouldnt go under a first gen, as long as fuel filler diameter is same for hose and if you have later straps and all then i dunno why wouldnt. i know an 86 blazer tank pops rihght in under a 67-72 pickup anyways and the only real difference from pickup to blazer frames is the rear drop down of frame rails for the rear bumper

3. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

I have a 91 blazer tank under my 72 i had to make my own strapes and i used two 2 inch channel as new cross members so the skid plate would fit it turned out very nice.. <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font>

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i put a post a while back here listing the parts I used. do a search and see if you find it.

ARQ.