Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2nd Gen on 1st Gen?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doc70sub, Sep 26, 2002.

1. doc70sub

doc70sub 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, will the front 6" lift springs from a 2nd generation Blazer fit a 1st generation Blazer? Silly I know, but no luck in search. Thanks!
    Doc

2. doc70sub

doc70sub 1/2 ton status

Found it! Thanks!
    Doc

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

As you found out the answer is no...
    But...
    I have been looking into putting a set of soft 73- springs into my Blazer. It would flex more and be easier and cheeper to find a set of springs. I plan on moving the front spring mount forward 1.5" (the 73- springs are 3" longer overall) and using a longer shackle. This would give a much better shackle angle (angling it back some insted of foward like it is w/ alot of springs). This would help to keep it from bottoming out and give more droop.

In other words: If you have them make it work.

4. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a tech article giving the exact specs for moving the front mounts and doing this switch? I'd love to get the info on it.

Rod

5. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

I can't answer your question directly but if it were me I'd take a note of the position of the rear shakle, support the truck, remove the spring, cut off the rivits on the front bracket, install the new spring and position the front bracket so the rear skackle hangs correctly.