Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd blazer, font suspension ???

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Mar 17, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of converting one of my blazers to a 2wd, the doner(2wd swb truck) has rear leaf springs on it. that should be an easy swap, i hope. I want to keep the 6wheel lug pattern. The doner only has 5lug. Were/Are there any front 2wd 6lug wheel patterns out there for our generation. also the doner has front disc brakes.

ARQ.

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Dennis, I've seen a couple of 2WD trucks in the yards that had 6 lug flanges on them. I can't rightly say that I have any clue as to what the difference in the truck would be from one with a set of 5 lug flanges...

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

If its a 2wd and has 6 bolt hubs, then its a drum brake truck, there are no such thing as a 6 bolt 2wd disc brake truck.....
    There are aftermarket 6 bolt rotors made now.
    About 130 bucks a pair,....

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

4. 72lowblazer

72lowblazer Registered Member

From what I am told, it is pretty straight forward. There is only one bolt that doesnt line up. I am planning on doing this, but I am converting the back to coil. By using the mid section and trailing arms out of a pickup as well.

72 k5 Blazer 307/3pd on tree, posi rear (one of my projects
    69 Chevy Pickup currently being put together

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

thanks all,

I did want to do a strait out conversion from 4-2wd but wanted to keep the 6lug disk in front.

ARQ.