Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd factory spring hangers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crowley, Jul 22, 2004.

1. crowley

crowley Registered Member

i have a set of factory 2wd rear spring hangers, and i realized the they will pretty much bolt right in as a replacment hanger...this would give me a bit of lift in the rear i would think, but what would the outcome be if the 4"ord shackle flip was used too?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you wanna replace the 4wd front hanger from the rear spring with the 2wd hanger? the 2wd is shorter that the 4wd, thus giving less lift. to get more lift, use the 2wd spring hanger for a home made shackle flip. you wont be able to use the 2wd hanger this way and the ORD shackle flip.

3. crowley

the thought was replacing the 4wd rear leaf spring, front hanger with the 2wd hanger. there is roughly a 4 1/2 difference/ drop, but you say it would work with the shackle flip?

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the 2wd hanger is shorter moving the the spring up on the frame actually lowering the truck about 2.25" (half of 4.5" cause only one side is being moved) in stead of raising it. if you put a shackle flip with it, the pinion may be to high so you may have to shim it back down.

5. crowley

then maybe the hangers that i have arent 2wd hangers, because holding it up to the factory k5 hanger it is deffinetly a longer hanger, it has three bolt holes down the outter flanges, the top two bolt holes would mount right in the frame...i'll try to post pics this weekend its hard to explain i guess, sorry