Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd fullsize blazer??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Jul 17, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

did they make the fullsize blazer 73-91 in a 2wd version?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

3. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

I think the last year for them was 1982. I owned one, but I didn't like the inline 6 cyl engine in mine.

4. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

YUp, just saw one yesterday as a matter of fact. Old guy probably bought it new. :eek1:

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:yikes: thats not good lol 82 is a bit on the scarce side for finding them :( maybe I will use an s-10 mmwwuuuahahha lighter weight anyway. :D

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

but... if I did want a 2wd I could get me a nice 89 scotsdale (if they made it) model and put a 2wd front end on :waytogo:

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

in case anybodys wonderin... where I am going with all this is a mega mean hotrod 500caddy built lighter short wb truck with a bad sound and tude ;)

8. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Jesse James turned one into a mountain racer.... I thought it was kinda ghey. I've seen a couple in low rider magazine one 20's, scrapin' frame. Ghey again, but, to each their own.

9. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

The one that was on moster garage started as a 4x4.

They put a 2wd ford ranger front frame on it. I cried when I saw that.

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I'ld love to find one! Have a 2wd and a 4wd what more could you ask for!

11. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

69 to 82....i have a 79 in the back yard...and a rust free 74 body and frame....and a 89 front clip...see where i'm going with that....got two 4x4 versions to include the chalet so i thought6 i'd try the 2wd angle.

DW

12. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

I think they were called C10 Blazers. Tell someone that and they look at you really strange-like.

13. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they were never a c-10 a c-10 was a conventional cab 10 series truck and all 69 k5 were 4x4 no 2wd til 70

jesse, he is cool but the poor vehicles, but thats his life and ways, i respect it

he is lucky to be able to be doing what he does, imagine if you were in his or someone like hims' shoes

whole different world and level

but then i dont know how he started out and got up to the level that he is at now, no clue at all

so i wont say anything avbout anything he has done, whether i like or dislike it

the last 2wd k5 i ever saw was an 80, years ago now that my stepdad and i put to rest after teh tranny blew up and the body was rusted super bad non repairable, so we yanked dash stuff and the engine and it went bye bye

k5 are really uncommon here where i am nowadays, cept for a few late 80s ones, but not even barely a handful of them,

poof gone

also my dad does not believe me one tiny bit that any K-5 were 2wd, he is stuck thinking that k5= offroad 4x4 only- a misnomer/assumption or whatever you call it.. i forget,..,

i have no way to prove to him that there were 2wd k5's since he is in FL and i dont know him very well, but it was amusing when he told me once that he doesnt think that any were 2wd, and i was like uhhh yep there were a bunch made, he never has seen one, this was when he was still in IL,
    maybe he will catch sight of a 2wd one down in FL, i know there HAS to be more K-5's surviving down there, than up here, by faaaaar, especially the in-land regions of the state, where he is

oh well, :haha:

good luck

15. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

That's not what the title said..... It said C10, but it had K5 badges on it.

16. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

i HAD ONE WITH A 400 SMALL BLOCK ONCE. nOT SURE IF IT WAS FACTORY OR NOT.

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

lots of 'titles' and stuff incorrectly label these trucks. Many newer K5's are called "V10" on the title, or "K10". Doesn't make it so...they were all K5's. GM just made the letter/number thing so ambiguous and confusing by ever having a K5 in the first place, then made a real mess of it in 88 when they began introducing the new body style while still also selling the old.

FWIW my title says GMC 2drsw (on 40's...) :crazy:

Rene

18. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

the 400 was a option on 1975-80 models

19. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I had one!

I owned a 1975 2WD Blazer years ago!--bought it for 150 bucks!-(and it was labelled as a "K5" on the fender emblem,despite the fact it was 2wd--not sure what the VIN# said,but I think it was a 2wd when "de-coded")..

-it was all rotted in the floors and door bottoms and fewnderwells--when I bought it the "patch panels" and rockers were just getting popular in the aftermarket,and I bought the fenderwell "arches" and rockers,but made my own door bottoms and floor panels,bought a welding torch outfit,and brazed them on..

I drove it at least a year with its 250 six and three speed on the floor,but the engine stripped the masonite cam gear on a dark highway 5 miles from home on the way back from NH one night..I later installed a good running 307 I had from a 71 K10 Suburban into it,and a friend gave me a saginaw 4-speed tranny out of a 75 Chevy Vega-

-I found it would slide right in place of the 3 speed with NO modifications,other than the vega shifter had to be used..that truck was a rocket after that,between the low 1st gear in the vega tranny and the V8 tourque,I could beat mustang GT's off the line!.-A few times I swear the front tires left the ground when I side-stepped the clutch!(but they sucked the doors off it once you hit 60 or so :doah: :( )...

.I had a lot of fun in that thing,but it was useless in the winter without 4wd,so I parked it,and used my 72 K5 that was 4wd in poor weather..I eventually sold it for 500 bucks to a used car dealer from another town-

-I saw it nearby once with its new owner at the wheel at a Wal-Mart!-I told him "hey,that used to be MY truck!"--he smiled and said "Really?--I got a good deal on it!--only 1200 bucks! :doah: :angry1: !!"--I thought to myself"why oh why couldn't YOU have driven by my house and bought it??"...he said the fully removeable roof was the main reason he wanted it--he needed a truck,and his wife wanted a convertible for summer trips!--the both got what they wanted I guess.. :thinking: I though the price was steep,considering it was a patched up rotbox!.... :crazy:

20. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

dont worry if i take on my idea as a project it will not be anything like moster garg. i have class, taste, am a chev-o-holic, and like to do things the right way ;)