Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2WD + Last minute desicion = bad :(

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackbob, Aug 17, 2003.

1. blackbob

blackbob Registered Member

OK,

So I'm own my way home from the movies and decide to stop by the corner where all of FS meets up at. Hung out for a while and decided to go home,mostly cause my brother kept going on and on on how he was tired and wanted to go to sleep. Anyways for some reason I get the idea to try to go through this less then minor trail on the way home. It's not even worthy of being called a trail just a nice offroad path with mud,dirt,and well water. I been back there before in a friends jeep and had no problems(mostly cause it was 60TH aniversery with all the offroad trimmings. Anyways I proceed to go through the path and I get up and over the little hill/incline. I see water puddle and mud and automaticly think"OH........HEEEEELLLLL nah !". I so i see a patch of grass and figure it's flat so I just drive in and back out and go home. Not the case it turned out I drove in and well got stuck,not so much stuck just the truck couldn't get any traction,being the back wheel didn't have most of the weight on them and all. So like any first time venture in a truck that is in no way equiped for such a trip other then the tires. I start to well panic I wave down a motorist and use his cell make a call or two. The ask for a ride down the street to where I knew a guy waswith a big truck who could pull me out. He declines and drives off. After about 10 cars flying by and nearly running me and my bro over. This guy comes buy in a Z71...I didn't know what it was otehr then it looked like a regular silverado till I saw the side of it when he stopped. Anyways I asked if he had 4WD(why I don't know) He says yes and even agrees to give me a ride back to the corner where there was a guy with a big dodge who had a snatch rope in his truck. So here we all travel back to the spot where my truck was. The guy puts his truck in 4WD and after some negotiating and nearly ripping my front D-side door off when pulling it out. The truck was free'd. So now I'm jsut waiting till the morning to get chewed out by my mom. Then again you live and you learn...now if you would excuse me it's 3:30 AM and I need to get some sleep because tommorow comes the examination and how much DAMAGE was actually done during the course of it all. But I would like to give out yet another thanks to Vegas(the owner of the Dodge) and the Z71 guy I didn't get his name but him and his friends know I am VERY VERY thankful........:) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~BB~

P.S...I guess know wouldn't be a bad time to minchin why if I had a 4x4 this woulda never happend,eh ?...........Naaaaaaa,Maybe next time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YA FEEL!

[​IMG]

3. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I feel for you. I cant understand why people decide to by a 2x4 full size though. Why not buy an el camino, or a station wagon? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

2wd=bad LOL..cant be that bad..

5. blackbob

[ QUOTE ]
    I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YA FEEL!

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine wasn't that bad I wish I had a camera to take pics. BUt better yet a video camera for the process of us taking it out would have been even better.

~BB~

6. blackbob

[ QUOTE ]
    I feel for you. I cant understand why people decide to by a 2x4 full size though. Why not buy an el camino, or a station wagon? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was given to me, if I had it my way I would have a 4x4 !

~BB~

7. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

thats just sad......... How is it stuck? unless its sitting on the frame but i do that with my truck and it pulls right up and off. Well most tht time i did get into some tractor ruts and got the front and rear in where no tires where touching the ground... just water STUCK /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. blackbob

[ QUOTE ]
    thats just sad......... How is it stuck? unless its sitting on the frame but i do that with my truck and it pulls right up and off. Well most tht time i did get into some tractor ruts and got the front and rear in where no tires where touching the ground... just water STUCK /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't tink I ever plan on being that stuck,well not till I am able to anyway,lol....... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

~BB~