Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd power steering box ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TorkDSR, Jan 27, 2003.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

2wd power steering box ?\'s

is there any way to use a 2wd ps pump in a 4wd system? i thought that the 2wd boxes were interchangeable, just clock the pitman arm...ok, no problem, but that is not the style pitman arm that attaches to a 4wd draglink. i see no easy way to re-use my old pitman arm, since its only splined on the back quarter, and there is the horizontal notch for that big set-screw-clamp-bolt-thing cut out of the sector shaft.

in the crossover setups...is the pin on the pitman arm (like 2wd arms) or is it on the draglink (like 4wd)

thanks.
    ryan

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Re: 2wd power steering box ?\'s

Use the 2WD box to do crossover steer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: 2wd power steering box ?\'s

since 1968 the 4x2 boxes have retained the smaller diameter pitman shaft and the 4x4 boxes got a larger shaft, thats the only difference from 4x2 to 4x4, so there fore 2wd pitman arm is not same as 4x4 one, crossover applications do use a 2wd box, but im unsure how,